Columbus County 4-H announces its 3rd Annual Small Farms Essay/Public Speaking Contest on March 23, 2009. The contest is open to 4-Hers in Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, and Robeson counties. The theme this year is “Food Safety on the Farm.” Essays need to be submitted to the Brunswick County Extension Office by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 13th.
Essay/Public Speaking Contest: Juniors 9-12 as of January 1, 2009
1. A minimum of 200 words on the theme
2. Typed double-spaced
3. A least one reference cited
4. Must be present to read essay on Monday, March 23rd at the Columbus County Center at 6:00 pm
The following monetary awards will be presented
1st Place: $30.00
2nd Place: $20.00
3rd Place $10.00
Seniors 13-19 as of January 1, 2009
1. A minimum of 500 words on the theme
2. Typed double- spaces
3. At least two references cited
4. Must present to read essay on Monday, March 23rd at the Columbus County Center at 6:00 pm.
The following monetary awards will be presented:
1st Place $50.00
2nd Place $30.00
3rd Place $15.00
Failure to meet any one requirement disqualifies the essay.